Monday, October 18, 2010

Interrupting Disasters

Prepare yourself... it's a complicated amount of length...

The dream began at a friend's wedding. However, this particular friend is already married, and in my dream, we knew this, but she just wanted to get married again (to the same person) because there people who weren't able to come the first time two years ago. So I'm at the wedding, but during the speeches, the people were being really sarcastic and kind of mean. Eventually, the bride got up sobbing and told everyone just to leave. I went to talk with her and comfort her telling her that they were jerks, but it was a beautiful day and that I was glad that I could come this time.

As the wedding wound down, a disaster hit the city. Earthquakes were happening everywhere, and people were pouring into the hospital with major injuries. I went with a friend to go to a site and help our friends who were trapped. I already knew one had died, and I needed to go find and save the rest. While I was driving over a bridge, another earthquake hit destroying the bridge and dropping us all into the river/ocean below. My friend was driving in another car ahead of me, but I knew both of us were crashing. The next thing I know is that I'm on a stretcher on the ground having people examine me and make sure I was ok. I was hurt, but I was alive.

The dream jumped to a group of sitting in a house/building. We were all pretty distressed because everything had been destroyed, and some had some people in all of the chaos. A group of people were stopping by to see if they could be hired to rebuild, but we didn't have any money. The leader/pastor turned them away. I thought I recognized one of the guys, so I ran out and called them back. It wasn't him, but I talked to them anyway. I was still in my pjs with major bed head, and I apologized for my appearance. They laughed it off, but I told them I wasn't changing because to do so would be a normal thing to do, and I didn't feel normal. I knew none of them were from the area and were not really affected by what had happened so recently. So I told them that I had some friends go in (crash in the water). Some came out and some didn't. I also told them I had been on the bridge when it collapsed. Their tones changed with the reality of how this affected people, and they were eager to help us rebuild.

I took charge of the situation and actually cut off/shut up the pastor/leader because nothing was getting done. I did ask him how much money we had to hire one or two of these people further down the road. I had the idea that I would have all of these people help us rebuild the general area, and then at then end, we'd hire one or two. They'd know this ahead of time which is why I wanted to know what exactly I could offer them. I knew they'd help, but I wanted to give something at the end.

I woke up (in real life) and then fell back asleep. I had another dream, but I don't remember what happened. I woke up again, and this time, my dream returned to the first one.

We were rebuilding, and things were getting back to normal when another disaster struck. Although it was bad, no one died. One guy has really bad injuries, but he was going to make it. We were trying to swim/walk across a flooded street to a dry place when we saw a submarine. It was from a neighboring African country (I thought we were in America, but maybe not...), but they were known to be ruthless and mean. Somehow we had gotten into their country, so we had to talk our way out of trouble. They went into their offices, and Meredith from the Office had to sneak back into a convenience store to return some sodas she had stolen before we all got killed. She was successful, and I knew we were going to be ok... although I woke up for the final time before anything else happened.

2 comments:

mom said...

wow Cassie- I would have been afraid to go back to sleep

Syd said...

Crazyiness!